Wednesday 1 December 2010

Advent

I was quite surprised to see that 10 people had viewed my blog since I don't really write one!  However I have been thinking about Advent and the traditions attached to it.  I love to have an Advent Ring and also a candle I can burn each day.  However this is not always possible as we usually don't get home till mid December.  My first activity when I do get home is to set up the Advent Ring and persuade whoever is there to sit down with me and catch up with the readings and prayers we have missed.  Then I can find a marked candle to burn and have fun catching up with the days already gone - not ideal but a good time to remind myself that it is not the ritual that matters but the attitude of heart and mind to why we celebrate Advent and Christmas and thanksgiving to the Christchild who became our Saviour.  May He bless all who read this in this Advent Season

1 comment:

  1. Well.... if you wrote one then people would read it!!! Advent is a good time for a new beginning.... You could use the advent candle from my blog last sunday... imagine if you right click it you can save it and then put it on your page! Better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete